2022 Joint Campaigns
During 2022, we have taken a collaborative approach to working with the carriers to ensure our campaigns go further to a relevant and engaged audience.
To date this year, we have been running the following joint marketing campaigns.
UK Radio Activity
- April: Joint radio campaign in the UK around key airports (as below), to drive more bookings in the lead up to summer season. Ran for 4 weeks in total (2 wks from 18 April/2 wks from 18 May).
- Gatwick/London circa 40% Budget (Smooth London, so from almost Milton Keynes in North, to Surrey in South, Reading to West and Southend to East)
- Southampton 15% (inc Bournemouth, New Forest, Portsmouth areas)
- Manchester 15%
- Birmingham 10%
- Exeter 10%
- Bristol 10% (inc Bath)
UK Out Of Home (OOH) ads
- Across 57 sites, regional to Aurigny’s catchments, in Waitrose and Tesco. The ads are 6 seconds long and we will be running 2 variations in rotation. Each panel will be personalised with the geographic location, using the nearest airport name in the sub-copy.
- Watch the ads here:
OOH Campaign - Lihou
OOH Campaign - Marble Bay
Support and joint promotion (ongoing) of the new Dublin route:
- Consumer • Dublin Airport advertising (in both terminals)
- Dublin travel trade promotion
- Radio campaigns on FM 104 & 98fm
- Shopping centre advertising
- Bus advertising
- Digital and social advertising
- End of March: Two separate group trips for Irish Tour Operators/Travel Agents and Press (Irish Independent; Irish Daily Mail; Irish Times; Sunday Independent; Irish Examiner; Irish Herald)
- Travel agents booked on the first flight visiting for an educational
- Dublin Trade Reach Out collaborative activities with Aurigny
- Liaising with the Irish Travel Trade Network and the Irish Travel Agents Association
- Sponsored and presented the Travel Agent of the year at the ITTN awards in December 2021
ITTN Content Schedule
- Marketing campaign with ITTN which commenced on September 2021 and continued until April 2022
- Supplier of the week 1 post daily in their newsletter “Today’s News” and 3 x social media posts – we featured in September, December and will be in March 22
- Dedicated Newsletter to their database in October 21, January 22 and scheduled for April 22.
- Trade competition on website to win a visit
- Supplier of the Week - 13th September 2021
- Supplier of the Week - 6th December 2021
PR - Press Releases
- Flight announcement release
- Launch of new Walking app - we’re preparing this and will create a separate tailored release for Irish media with details of the launch flight – to issue next week
- All relevant future press releases will be tailored for Irish / Northern Irish market with the route as the call to action
VisitGuernsey has been working closely with Condor Ferries on a number of joint campaigns during the course of 2022.
For a UK audience:
Two main joint campaigns to date for this year.
- April/May campaign: Digital, TV, radio and digital video on demand (BVOD) – you can see the results of this here
- June campaign: Digital, TV, radio and digital video on demand (BVOD).
The aim of this campaign is to:
- Create destination interest (VisitGuernsey) and brand awareness (Condor Ferries)
- Inspire potential customers to consider Guernsey as a holiday this summer
- Generate interest now to benefit early summer and peak periods
The core region covers those in the regions up to 3 hour drive time, as well as expanding out into those regions that are 3 hours +, to targeted postcodes of people who match Condor’s previous customer demographics.
For a French audience:
- May/June campaign: radio campaign to support and promote the new Cherbourg Guernsey route.
- The target: CSP+ customers with passport living in Normandy
- Ferry offer 3 nights stay minimum : One way from 98€ car + 2 adults
Download the Joint Campaign assets here.